Wednesday, February 7, 2024

THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER!

 Fiorella has run out of things to do. Sure, she walks the neighborhood cul-de-sac almost every day, but no one else does. She smiles and waves at everyone in the neighborhood too,  but only a few wave back. Inside the house, she watches TV every day, inside and out, and she's getting pretty darn tired out of watching Jessica Fletcher solve murder after murder with her hairdo remaining still as a cement statue.

In other words, your girl is bored, bored, bored, as she has often announced, and while Fio has no friends,  ol' Jessica is rounding up bad guys by the dozen. Sure, they're bad guys, but your girl could reform them. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

                                                                     

                                                                  Quiet as the Grave

  Quiet as the grave that holds me fast

  When death has dumbed the drumbeat of my blood

  Beneath the soundless soil, still at last,

  I'll sink in silence toward the muffling mud--

    But unto then I'll clatter through the hall 

And shout hallo to friends and wail goodbye--

I'll laugh aloud  within the staidest walls

And shriek my anger to the somber sky--

  The dead  are not notorious for their noise

  And I will lie a long time quietly

  So unto then, I'll use my loudest voice

  To make the whispering world resound of me

       And when at last I'm muted by the all-absorbing ground

       Mt unaccustomed silence then with deafen you with sound

No comments: