Thursday, February 8, 2024

MOVING ON

How wonderful it is to hear from good friends from distant shores or latitudes who keep in touch with you even when when you are far, far, away. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU 💘!

Fiorella would also like to have her poetry, art, and music, recognized, but one has to have them on display to do so, and Fio doesn't have connections any more.

Ah, well. Maybe something will come along......

(Please excuse me if you've read these poems before)

__________________________________________________________________________________


              Quiet as the Grave

Quiet as the grave that holds me fast

When death has dumbed the drumbeat of my blood,

Beneath the soundless soil, still at last

I'll sink in silence upward the muffling mud--

But until then, I'll clatter through the halls

And shout hallo to friends and wail goodbye

I'll laugh aloud within the staidest walls 

And shriek my anger to the somber sky--

The dead are not notorious for their noise

And I will lie a long time quietly

So unto then I'll use my loudest voice

To make the whimpering world resound of me--

    And when at last I'm muted by the all absorbing ground

   My unaccustomed silence then will deafen you with sound!

_______________________________________________________________________________


No comments: