Friday, February 23, 2024

More Poetry and a Warning

My nose--                                                       I must tidy up my garden

It blows and blows                                          And plant new flower beds

All the livelong day--                                     I must water all the roses

I sniffle and snort                                            And trim the privet hedge

At least a quart

And that is all I'll say                                       I must cover all the marks of

_______________________________            Intruders in the night

Lordy, Lordy, it's almost noon                          I must rake the footprints smooth in

So I'll be having lunchtime soon,                      My garden of delight

Then go out to the grocery store                       

To buy myself a basket more                              I must bury  all the old dreams

_________________________________           And hide them from my view

_________________________________           When I clear the time of trespass

(Ukraine will fall into Putin's bloody hands         Then I can plant anew

 if Trump is re-elected and we'll end up with 

World War Three)                                                                       



No comments: