Tuesday, February 13, 2024

 A Couple More of Fiorella's Favorites

Warning--there will be repeats

 

         At the Beach

At dawn I walk the ocean's edge

To find my place along the shore,

The place where I will sit all day

And sculpt my kingdom mafe of dreams

Until the evening tide returns

And sinks my castle built on sand

 _________________________________

                                Dead Aim

Eyes that look beside you as you walk down the hall

Eyes that swivel by you when you meet on the stair

Ears that do not listen when they hear your frightened call

Arms that will not hold you, and hearts that do not care

 

So the helpless go unhelped and the hungry go unfed

And oftentimes I wonder as I lie awake in bed

What would they really do if I shot them in the head?

Would they still ignore me as they drop down dead?

______________________________________________

                                   Etiquette

Everything goes from dead to worse 

And I think that soon I'll die--

Not on the outside, just on the inside

Where people can't really see,

And when they give me the proper greet,

I'll give them the proper lie:

"How are are you doing," they'll say to me

"Just fine," with a smile I'll reply

____________________________________________




No comments: