Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Remember this poem? It's my mantra

 This is a poem your girl wrote about four years back. It has a Christmas tinge to it, but there's a lot more to it ponder on:

                      Flying High 

    I cannot write a merry poem this year

Too much has happened lately in my life--

Uprooted from a home that I held dear

And now a widow, not a wife

      Change is not my forte, my opinions few      

A clock cannot run backwards, nor can I,

Thus I must gird myself and start anew

To  see how high my warming kite can fly

     Too late, they say--your day is almost done

Pull down your kite and rest yourself a while--

Go take a break from shining in the sun

Enjoy yourself before your final mile

     And as they lecture, I slip quiet by

And launch my kite into the eager sky

 

 



No comments: