Wednesday, February 14, 2024

A BIT BATTERED........

 After almost an hour of searching, Fiorella finally found her computer hiding under the thickly carved knobs of her bedroom. Whew! Wouldn't like to have to sleep on the floor!

How  about some more of my sweeter poems, like "Song."

          In golden shoes, my feet are tiny

          In golden net, my hair is long

          In golden book, my words are shiny

          My poems become a golden song 

____________________________________

    Dear God, the night has passed, the day begun.

       I wake to face the horror of the dawn,

       The cold blue sky and brazing star

        Obscure my view, the guiding star is gone

     Last night the star was bright, the vision clear

        The pathway certain I had sought so long

         I knew my God and Bethlehem were near 

         So near at last, at last, dear God, my faith was strong

   Now hope is gone, I cannot find my way

        I fool a fool, as old men often are--

         The dreams of knight have been subsumed by day

         And I, bereft, alone, I doubt the star

   Oh God, dear God, I pray you yet again

   Please God, please let there be a God

     --------------------------------------

Yes, Fio knows what you are thinking--that your girl should keep track of what poems or stories she's put into print before, but sometimes when other things are involved or she doesn't have anything clever to say, she falls back on her old goodies just so you know she's still alive😁

 

      

 

No comments: