Saturday, February 17, 2024

The Remains

 What a wonderful visit we had with Fiorella's nephew A, his charming wife, and their two sweet children, who live a long way from us in Main, and your girl hopes there will be more visits in the future. It was amazing and wonderful how sweetly the locals (Son's first grade daughter, Daughter's baby son) welcomed their cousins (two and five) whom they were meeting for the first time.

It's surprisingly cold in Texas now, and there are rumors that the worst is yet to come, like maybe the kind of weather that tried to foze your girl to death about four years ago. Remember? When the only warmth she had was her Mastiff, Sonja, who has since entered dog heaven with a crown on her head?

 Fiorella has been having an itch to gather her brushes and start painting again. Watch out,  world!

 ___________________________________________________________________________________

I'd like to burn a building down

Or shoot someone from the tower

To make them know that I'm alive

For just one hour--oh, just an hour!

 _______________________________

"The tower" is a reference

  to a twisted family tragedy

___________________________________

 If I had eyes and you had eyes and I had eyes

And we could see ahead what lies

 I'd close my eyes

And kiss your lovely lips

__________________________________

I stirred my coffee with a peacock feather

And on the the washer lit five golden candles

And drained the flowing blood from my heart finger

To paint the kitchen ceiling scarlet red

 ______________________________________


No comments: