Monday, May 21, 2018

RAGE

It was dark and rainy, with rolls of thunder drowning out conversation and sending the dog scurrying into the first floor bathroom--and not a good day for me either. For two, maybe three, hours, I lay on the couch, curled up into a ball of frustration and anger because my computer had betrayed me and my cell phone wouldn't charge.

Ticker-tapes of messages I couldn't quite read began making their way behind my closed eyes, and I realized my anger was about more than electronics. What I was really furious about was that I now live in a world in which it has become the norm for children to kill classmates en masse every few months, in which corruption and self-aggrandizement are lauded, in which lying is call truth, and in which I can do nothing, NOTHING, to set things straight.

No comments: