Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Generational Analysis

Mother signed Fio up for every uplifting or educational activity available, from summer day camp to twirling to swimming to theater. She also volunteered to, in turn, be a home-room mother, head a Brownie troop, and participate in PTA. She made most of Fiorella's clothes, kept the cleanest house on the block, convinced Dad to buy a piano for Fio, provided Fio with art materials, introduced her to poetry, and encouraged her to read every book in the house. Mother was a woman with strong values, and Fiorella could not have had a better parent. She loved her mother very much.

But Fio, if you loved your mother so much, why do you give her so much negative press?

Because she was my mother and I modeled myself after her. Thus it is important for me to explore every aspect of her to understand myself, as I hope my daughter will do in regard to me.

No comments: