Sunday, September 2, 2018

Post-Dated?

Fiorella found a page from an old publication of hers that dates back to her motherhood years:

Motherhood has given me a great deal of poise.  Nothing can happen to me in public that somehting worse hasn't happened to me at home, although I did get a little uneasy when we were in a check-out lane at Safeway and my eldest questioned me about exactly how the sperm got to the egg.
*
When my seldest was an "only," I scrubbed his sneakers daily before he went to pre-school. My second and third--just nineteen months apart, were lucky if I could even find their sneakers.
*
My mother and I are at different stages in our lives. She stops at an exclusive dress shop in Salado on her way from Waco to Dallas. I stop in Abbot and buy turkey wings.
*
When I was a kid, my mother used to drag me around from store to store with her, and I hated it. Now my nine-year-old daughter drags me around from store to store with her, and I still hate it. Shopping must skip a generation.
*
My teen-ager is growing up. With a patronizing smile, he now passes all the cereal premiums on to his younger siblings--except for the really good ones, of course.

If Fio's imposed any of these gems on you before, please just laugh and move on.

No comments: