Let me tell you what happens when you've promised your agent that you'll get final revisions to her over the weekend.
1) Husband scalds thirty square inches of his foot and Fio must take him to the doctor's office an hour across town, then assist him around the house for the next several days.
2) Son's pug eats through the printer cord in two places, dividing it into three sections. Even after Husband jury-rigs a substitute cord, the printer misbehaves, trying to print out the whole 400+ page manuscript when what Fio is working on is just he last chapter.
3) Fio confuses her new-style potassium chloride pills with her hydrocodone and winds up with a night of insomnia.
4) Fio discovers they've run out of dog food, dog treats, eggs, tall kitchen bags, and her own personal staple, spoon-sized Shredded Wheat.
5) Realizing Fio is not keeping her usual eagle-eye on him, the pug starts decorating the floor again.
6) The downstairs air conditioner drain backs up and floods the foyer.
7) Son gets mandatory overtime which means he's gone from7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. and thus not available to help around the house
Also, Fio has not had time to wash her hair, practice piano, pay bills, or read the newspaper. Nor has she raised the blinds, cooked, or picked up the house. And she's nearly out of underwear.