Fiorella's mother was a good woman with exemplary housekeeping habits.
1) She did laundry every week instead of putting it off until all her clothes were in the hamper.
2) She used needle and thread instead of safety pins to hem her slacks.
3) She ironed her clothes before she put them in the closet, not just before she wore them.
4) She placed stuff directly in the waste basket instead of tossing it from ten feet away.
5) She did her own vacuuming instead of leaving it to the twice-a-month maid.
Fio does the "instead ofs."