Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Loves

One by one, I fall in love with them, the romances I write. Tally the vampire finding true love with Stephen, the HIV-positive ex-cop. Lauren and Jase reviving their forbidden love of a decade ago. Ann and Neil overcoming their pasts to walk into their futures together.

Each time I proudly present the offspring of my fevered brain to the world, sure everyone else will adore my stories as much as I do. And they don't.

Rejection is hard for a mother to take.

So now I am trying to write paranormal novellas, only 40-60 pages. The idea is that if my child is rejected again, I won't feel as much anguish because I haven't put as much time into the pregnancy. But already I love Amalie and Gabriel's unlikely attraction, Caitlin and Finn's tumultuous relationship. And I fear for their rejection.

One loves dwarf children too.

No comments: