Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Speaking of Housework

I see a house with fluted columns and all I can think is that I wouldn't want to have to keep those suckers clean. Yes, one thing Fio insisted on in the current house was no grout in the bathroom.
*
Twice a month the maid comes, sighs, and goes about setting us straight again. My mother would have sighed the same. She had a place for everything and everything was in its place, but I was born to disorder, to be always in the middle of something messy, or even two or three things. I really should change my ways--hmm--maybe get the maid to come three times a month.
*
Husband is complicit. When I expressed sympathy for his insomnia one next morning, he asked how I knew he had been up. Well, maybe four kitchen cabinet doors agape, two drawers half open, and an empty milk bottle on the island. Ya think?
*

No comments: