1) Do not open the match box upside down. The matches will fall out.
2) No matter now many sections of the newspaper you use, sometimes the damn fire will not light. (Especially if you use the financial section, which won't light a fire under anything these days.)
3) Blowing on a barely-lit fire to encourage its flame can just as easily put it out.
4) When it comes to starting a fire, third-time-lucky does not mean a thing.
4) You can always turn up the heat or put on a jacket until Husband gets home.