Monday, April 20, 2020

Teasers

What can I say about Lolly Redlander, my current heroine except that all her swains commend her? She's not as tall as she'd like to be, but she has baby-blue eyes, curly blonde hair, and a gorgeous figure. She's also rich and headstrong, and the guy she's set her heart on is Cotton Bogart, her anthropology professor.
     Yep, this time around, your Fio is using a forbidden love trope. Here are a few exciting excerpts:

                                                           ********
Cotton gazed into the long mirror behind the bar and his eye was caught by a foursome of girls sitting a couple of tables behind him. They were staring at him in twos and threes, giggling then putting their heads together and giggling again. What was their problem? Didn't like his sweat? Sorry, sweet things--that's what a guy looks like when he's been working ten hours straight in hundred-degree Texas heat.
*
Lolly trudged down the short hall to her room, changed into her night clothes, and crawled under the covers, but her stupid brain wouldn't let her sleep. Instead, it kept rerunning the ride home with Cotton.
     What a night. Her date had left her in the lurch, and she'd been rescued by the last person on earth she'd ever expected to come to her aid. Cotton wasn't obliged to give her a lift, and she was pretty sure he hadn't wanted to, but he did anyway. There were no two ways about it--Cotton Bogart was a gentleman.
***
 Lolly carefully punched in Cotton's number, keeping an eye on her door at the same time.
     "Hello?" His voice was thick with sleep.
     "This is Lolly. I--I need help. I'm alone in the house with Uncle Keith, and he just--just groped me. I've locked myself in my room now, but I need to get out of here before he sobers up enough to remember there's a household key ring in the cupboard. Can you come pick me up?"
     "I'll be there as fast as I can."
***


    



No comments: