Friday, April 10, 2020

Personally Speaking

How nice it would be to spend the rest of my life with pen or paintbrush in hand and a tablet of paper or a piano beside me. Of course, I'd like to have my collection of dictionaries of foreign languages there too.
*
I received an invitation to post my favorite "calming" poem on Facebook today, but, unfortunately, I don't have one. I appreciate the motive of the person behind the curtain--to soothe us in these horrible times we have been catapulted into--but, frankly, I'd read poems that go on attack right now.
*
Pray for me. I'm going to be hiring a crew to come repair the sprinkler system that the armadillos have torn apart. My biggest fear is that the whole thing will have to be replaced, and you know what than mean$.
*
I don't know about you, but Colbert without an audience doesn't work for me.
*
When it comes to fiction, I've noticed that male writers concentrate on the action while female writers concentrate on the emotion.

No comments: