Sunday, July 21, 2019

Frustration Station, Wondering, Warrior Woman

The state of the country and the state of the county have been getting to Fiorella lately so, of course, she wrote poems about the situations:

              Frustration Station
I'm weeping and wailing and pulling my hair
About not getting anywhere
But wrong is wrong and right is right
So I won't go down without a fight

                 Wondering
Where are the poets of the other side
Who beat a rhythm, stage a clever rhyme
Who advance their stance with skill and wit
And entertain us with their own playtime?

               Warrior Woman
Woke up this morning with my flag unfurled
Ready to take on the worst of the world
Sharpened my wit and unsheathed my pen
To join up with the righteous battle again












No comments: