Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Adios, Mi Dulce Dora

Hold my hand and say soothing things to me because this is the last blog I will write on Dora, mi Computadora. She has an incurable problem with her mother--er, motherboard--so tomorrow she goes in to Click Computer Repair to have her brain scraped out and stuffed into a shiny new laptop, much as will probably happen to all of us in this era of face replacements and cloning.

I've been told that Isadora (my tentative name for my new confidante) will have Windows 10 rather than Dora's Windows 8.1, which sort of scares me. I had a horrible time adjusting from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1, which was forced on me by the ever-dominant Microsoft, and I doubt if the changeover will be any easier this time. Your Fio is a free spirit, and she doesn't like to find herself entangled by ever more complicated and exacting rules algorithms.


No comments: