Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Eight Truths

Ancestry.com can tell you where the group that contributed to your DNA has lived in the past, but not your ethnicity. Thus Fiorella's strong Carpatho-Rusyn heritage, dappled across central and eastern Europe, was never recognized until her cousin's wife traced it down.
*
Fio can't even make a grocery list without her mother's ghost whispering in her ear about the importance of good hand-writing.
*
Your girl's lady friends, most of whom do not know each other, are what keep her going. Bless them, one and all.
*
Fiorella was so startled that she floundered for words when a friend she was meeting up with asked her if she knew where she would go when she died, but, on the way home, she came up with just the right answer: "I will be in God's grace, as I am now."
*
I write to bite
I write to kiss
With either one
I never miss
*
If you cut me, I'll bleed words.
*
Just as Fio bewailed her mother not knowing how to drive, her own kids bewail her lack of computer skills
*
Fio isn't interested in the pundits' interpretations of what's going on in the world. She wants to know what has actually happened, and she'll take it from there.


No comments: