Monday, April 29, 2019

Sonia Dog Tells All

My sprained ankle is pretty well healed so Mommy and I went for a ride this morning, taking Daddy's car because it has a back seat that I can lounge around on. We planned to stop at Walgreens first so Mommy could grab index cards, Neosporin, and whatever leftover Easter chocolates were on the shelves, then go on to Dairy Queen so I could have a puppy cup and she could have a chocolate dipped cone. (Mommy should consider giving up chocolate and eating MilkBones instead.)

When Mommy arrived at the pharmacy, she rolled down the front windows of the car about four inches, locked the doors, and told me to be a good girl, that she'd be back in five minutes. Actually, she made it in four, which I give her points for. (My mommy is the best!)

Then, on to Dairy Queen. I held my breath when we were at the service window because Mommy's not too good at judging distances so she always has to s-t-r-e-t-c-h to reach her dipped cone and my puppy cup.  (The only problem is when the server tries to give her my treat first, which tangles Mommy's arms.)

There was an old newspaper at the top of our driveway when we got home, so Mommy had to get out of the car and pick it up, which irritated her. Then she got even madder when she pushed the button that is supposed to open that garage door and nothing happened. But when she pushed the button again and said "Damn!," which is apparently a magic word,  the door obeyed her. (She knows other magic words too.)

As soon as Mommy got us in the house, I stood my ground in the kitchen and barked as loudly as I could to let any bad people who had sneaked in while we were gone know a fearsome mastiff was back on site. (Then I cuddled up to Mommy on the couch and started snoring.)

No comments: