Saturday, December 14, 2019

Fiorella's Day Off

What did you do on your mini-vacation yesterday, Fio?
     Well, as usual, I lugged several loads of firewood into the house (with Sonia Dog tracking my every step), did some decorating, then went up to the mailbox on the road (with Doggie still in attendance in case I got lost) and picked up some Christmas cards from friends. Of course, that reminded me that I had to finish my card, which, as you remember, is always of my own creation and usually a sonnet.
      Two hours later I finally had the last quatrain saying what I wanted it to say, and I am now writing my return address on 100 envelopes in batches of ten.  After that, I will be signing my name on the card and, maybe, writing a little message on each one if I have the time and the arm strength left. The whole process will take about three days because I sandwich it in between decorating, writing, feeding the fire, and housekeeping.
     One thing I don't have to deal with anymore is buying gifts. I give the kids, all adults, a nice check and sometimes a family heirloom.
     Speaking of the kids, although I'll sit at the head of the dining table, they're taking care of the dinner again this year It will be our last family get-together in this house I love so much.

     ,  
    

No comments: