Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Excuses and Information

I am not dead.
       I tried to post a picture early this morning, had problems, then turned the task over to Elder Son, the technological genius who, discovered that half my photos are corrupted, tried to work around them, but couldn't, so I will now tell you about the picture I was trying to post.
        It was of young man who was posing naked for our life drawing group. (Yes, we did have male models as well as female.) I did a sketch of his pose, then a pencil portrait--he had a beautifully sensitive face, and I was going to show you both pictures.  Maybe later.
        Most of us toured the room at break, looking at what each other had done, and I soon realized I was one of the better artists in the group. However, I always covered what I was doing because I didn't want anyone commenting on it.
       After about a year, I left the group. Frankly, I was bored. There were only so many ways a body could pose or contort itself, and I'd seen them all, even a masochist who balanced himself with a block under his head and another one under his buttocks. Besides, I was more and more sketching portraits of our models--my first love--rather than bodies.





No comments: