Monday, August 12, 2019

From the Newspaper to the News

Fiorella gave The American-Statesman a hard time at the beginning of the week for not delivering her newspaper two days in a row, so then they sent her two copies of it for two days in a row. Then,the next morning, they didn't send anything so Fio called at 8:30 and was assured she'd receive a paper by 10:00. At 10:30, she called again and got the same promise, then at again at 12:00--when she was told that she'd called too late to get the day's paper.
     From now on,  IT'S WAR!
     Fio is giving The Statesman three days to figure out how to deliver a newspaper, and then she's going to trace down the delivery guy and confront him. We'll see where everything goes from there.
*
The next thing on Fiorella's agenda is to look up information on Yury Buida, a fellow Rusyn. (Maybe Fiorella's compulsive writing is genetic.)
*
Dang, the driver's side door of the Queen Mary keeps hitting Fiorella in the forehead when she gets out of the car, each time adding yet another v-shaped indentation to her brow. Just what she doesn't need--another wrinkle.
*
I am Fiorella
I stand alone
My husband is dead
And my children are grown
But don't think I
Am frail and weak
Indeed, my dears,
I've just reached my peak
*
No one is talking about the shootings in El Paso and Dayton anymore. After all, we're all accustomed to headline massacres by now. Ho-hum, just another mass shooting.

No comments: