Sunday, October 15, 2017
Five Things Fiorella Has Learned about Middle-class Mexican Families from Her Telenovela
1) The women--the mothers and grandmothers--are the ones who run the families.
2) Everyone is always saying tranquila, but it doesn't have any effect.
3) Every home has its own trash can on the street, so if a mother wants to know what's being kept secret from her, she sorts through la basura.
4) All the women dress well, but remember, blondes or women with prominent facial moles are evil.
5) The family members have a special radar that draws them to the same large park at the same time so that despite living in a big city with several parks, they're always running into each other "unexpectedly."