Friday, December 12, 2008

King of the Nursery

Younger Son weighed 11 pounds, 7 ounces, when he was born. During my fourth month, I had been so big that the obstetrician sent me for an x-ray to find out if I was having twins. No, it was just one BIG baby.

The hospital nursery wasn't prepared. The nurses had to send out for larger diapers because the newborn size was too small. We have a classic photo of a nurse with a startled look on her face because he raised his head when he was just a day old.

I liked to hang around the observation window because people would look at their babies, then spot the king of the nursery and say, "And look at THAT one!" Which was when I would glide forward in a queenly way and modestly announce, "That's my baby."

I was proud of him then and I'm even more proud of him today, on his birthday.

Happy birthday, Lee!

No comments: