Monday, March 13, 2023

VERSES FROM WHERE THE HEART LEADS

Fio wishes that all these verses, which she composed for her book WHERE THE HEART LEADS could have come out as part of a real live show tune. 

Where the Heart Leads.

    Who would I be if I weren't me?

Maybe a pirate sailing the sea,

Maybe a princess, maybe a queen,

Maybe an actress on the silver screen

    Or maybe I'd be like Nellie Bly

And amuse, amaze, and edify...

Maybe I'll dance, maybe I'll sing

Oh, I could do most anything.

    But what, whatever happens, whatever may be

    I have you, Jim, so I'm glad I'm me

_________________________________________

     Della's Prayer

If I sing enough, if I pray enough

    If I'm very, very good

Maybe everything will turn out

   As I hope it will, as it should

   As it should.

__________________________________________ 

   New York morning, clear and bright

Not a single cloud in sight

   Ladies and gents are strolling the street

   Talking with all their friends they meet

While children trundle their hoops along---

    Everything's right, nothing is wrong.

Nothing is wrong, 

    Everything's right

Try as you may-

   Try as you might,

Whatever you say 

   Life's a delight

You won't find anything wrong today,

    Not on this beautiful New York day.


Love triumphant wins the day

    Now we are happy, happy and gay

Happy New Year,

     Be of good cheer

Whatever you say, life's a delight

Times may be tough, times may be rough

   But there's always a way, always a way'

Always a way if you love enough

    So be of good  cheer 

    Happy New Year

Love triumphant wins the day!

No comments: