Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Uvalde and the University of Texas

 Through the years

Through the years,

How have I collected

So many tears

And held them back

Until they found 

Anther name--

    It happened before

    It will happen again  

______________________________________

I am the survivor, the only one left,

The one who saw the family fall apart--

The parents trying to find themselves,

The left-over children alone in their room--

I saw it all, but now I am told

That I shouldn't think about it-- 

But how does one erase a memory 

When it is constantly renewed?

_____________________________________________

I need someone to talk to,

But who wants to talk to me?

My sorrows are old hat

My glories are yet to be

_________________________________________________

_______________________________________________

 







______________________________________________

 


 




 

 

 


No comments: