Wednesday, May 25, 2022

SORROW

 Children, yes, are sacred--

Each and every one

No matter who their parents

Or where they're coming from

No matter what their color

No matter where their birth

They're the closest thing to angels

That we will have on earth


I cannot write a poem 

To comfort those in sorrow

Because the tears are running down my cheeks--

Yes, I too, am a mother

 

This whole scene has hit Fiorella especially hard because she had a nephew who got killed in the University of Texas tower shooting many years ago.....and she has never forgotten.

 

 

 

 

 

My nephew was killed by the UT tower shooter several years ago, and it disrupted the whole family for years to come and still does. All I can ask is WHY IS THIS STILL HAPPENING? Why is it so easy for anyone--ANYONE--to get a gun?

 





No comments: