Tuesday, May 17, 2022

RACISM HAS NO PLACE IN OUR COUNTRY

 Yes, I am crying--crying my heart out for Buffalo, New York, where ten people were killed--picked off one by one--in a grocery store patronized by Blacks. In times past, I would have tried to understand what motivated the massacre, but now all I want to do is MAKE THIS HORROR SHOW STOP! 

But how?  Better gun control would help, but it's so easy to get around, and many marksmen, like my elder son, enjoy shooting for target practice. Maybe our churches could preach more about loving thy neighbors, no matter the color of their skins. Maybe our schools could should work harder on instilling respect for others in their curriculums, although, as a former teacher, I know that not every student absorbs--or wants to absorb--their teacher's golden words.

Maybe this, maybe that....but the plain truth is that racial hatred springs from the home and festers through the years until it explodes in an outrage like Buffalo and the long list of Black churches that have been torched or shot up through the years.

I don't have a solution, but I hope you do. If so, please contact President Biden, whose speech covered the waterfront--except for, like my blog--the solution. How does one wipe hate out the horror in a person's mind if he/she was born with it?




No comments: