Wednesday, May 3, 2023

LONG, LONG, AGO.....

Found some pages of a blog that your girl used to put out years ago so here goes:

Motherhood has given me a great deal of poise. Nothing can happen to me in public 

that something worse hasn't occurred at home--although I did get a little uneasy 

several years ago when we were in a check-out and my eldest questioned me about

exactly how the sperm got to the egg,


When my eldest was an only, I scrubbed his sneakers daily before he went to

 pre-school. My second and third, just nineteen months apart in age, were lucky if 

we could even find their sneakers.


My mother and I are at different stages in our lives. She stops at an exclusive dress shop in Salado when 

she's on her way to Dallas and I stop in Abbot and buy turkey wings.


When I was a kid, my mother used to drag me around from store to store and I hated it.

Now my nine-year old daughter drags me around from store to store and I still hate it. 

I think shopping skips a generation. 


 My teenager is growing up. With a patronizing smile, he now passes all the cereal premiums 

on to his siblings--except the really good ones, of course💗😋




No comments: