Thursday, October 2, 2008

Leanne and Korto and Jerell and Kenley

I, who have not worn size two since I was two, can hardly wait for the next installment of Project Runway tonight.

Why am I watching this crap? It has nothing to do with my life--I live in shorts and tees. The last time I wore a dress was to a memorial service.

And yet I watch so faithfully every Wednesday night that I can even recite the designers' names. It's down to Leanne and Korto and Jerell and Kenley now, and I think Kenley has to go. She's a one-trick pony, as everyone has been saying, and she's been rude to Tim.

And yet, I know I'm being manipulated by the director's choice of candid clips. We didn't like Keith much, remember, but we liked Terri less for the way she treated him on their "joint" project. What if we had never seen those clips? Would we have been indignant at Terri being booted off?

Would I be as eager to see Kenley booted off if I had seen everything that happened, not just those damaging clips?

Three hours later:
It's all moot anyway. I just watched the show and no one was booted off. All four will design collections, though only three will show. I'm still rooting for Leanne and Korto and Jerell. Anybody but Kenley.

2 comments:

David Dust said...

Go Korto! I really hope Kenley doesn't win this mess.

CLICK HERE for David Dust's Project Runway recap.

:)

Unknown said...

I can't stand Core-Toe! And Jerell was cool when he was a bit under the radar, but has now been exposed as a flaming bitch. And forget about Weinerdog Leanne, she'll crumple and cry in crunchtime. Kenley is definitely the most talented, the cutest, and has survived the meangirl shunning and will prove to be stronger for it at Bryant Park. Core-Toe can watch that from home.