Sunday, June 22, 2008

Snippets Too

I will not read anything that does not have at least a semi-happy ending. The rest is life.
*****
Husband just lost ten pounds. I found them.
*****
Husband spent two hours last night grunting and maneuvering to install our new heavy-duty garbage disposal. Ten minutes later he realized he had left out a vital gasket and will have to redo the entire job today. It's funnier on the sit-coms.
*****
Hummingbirds are the chihuahuas of the bird world. We have two families of the little blighters feeding off our sugar water dispenser, and they don't like each other big time. Husband calls them the North and the South. Right now the South is winning. But just wait till Gettysburg.
*****
Yes, I know I misused the word "pithy" in my DNA Tribes rant. I've misused it for years, even though Husband set me straight within historic times. Somehow I had gotten the idea it meant something was meaningless and weak, which it doesn't--it means something is basic, an entirely different concept. Anyway, the word just crept back into my mental lexicon with the incorrect definition as I typed in my blog yesterday, and I didn't realize what I'd done until after I'd posted, when one can't correct. Sorry. Mea culpa.

Postscript: Since then, I've learned I CAN edit posted blogs, and I've been having a great time doing it all morning. But I think I'll leave in my misuse of "pithy" and the above apologia just to educate everyone--and remind myself.

No comments: