Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Nuggets

 Well! So far, your girl has cancelled the wrong doctor and maybe swallowed the wrong pill. Now, onward to her brother's birthday party to see what other mess she can create. After all, my tablet is a wreck of red pens.  Fio is especially excited today, because she going to stay overnight with daughter's family and their baby, who is getting older by the moment. 

Meanwhile, George the Cat has settled down next to Fiorella on her bed, first looking out the window, then sending a glaring look up to Fio in a way that means he hasn't been petted enough. She's also pondering the blood draw that she had to postpone till Monday.

Fiorella is also starting on her bedroom and maybe she'll find one of her old stories that she can turn into a children's book. Maybe, maybe, maybe......what the heck! Anyone can dream!

Thought you might like to read some more of my sweeter poems from a while back:

       I know that Gold is Spanish

      And here's the reason why 

      Wih sun warmth just departed

      And night cool drawing nigh

      He places a back mantilla

      Of lace o'er the waiting sky

                           *

      In golden shoes my feet are tiny

      In golden net my hair is long

      In golden book, my words are shiny

      My poems become a golden song

                          *

       I stumble, I falter, I fall

       Before the race is done:

       My heart, my joy, my like is in

       The glory of the run

                       *

                    Survivor

      My heart is like a little boat

     That sails upon the sea

     Rocked by waves and ocean float

     Swamped by adversity 

      But still the stanched little boat

     That ever sailed the sea

 

( know... I've got to get the all in a book!)


 


No comments: