Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hillary's Teeth

To many of us, Hillary Clinton represents every woman who thought she had a chance and got kicked in the teeth for her efforts.

I remember when I was in undergraduate school and was turned down for a scholarship despite good references and a high GPA. When I inquired, Mr. Carpenter, the scholarship director, said, "You're married. You'll just get pregnant and drop out."

Well, I didn't get pregnant and drop out. In fact, I made Phi Beta Kappa and earned a Ph.D. in linguistics. Meanwhile Mr. Carpenter embezzled the scholarship funds and fled to Pennsylvania.

I have always wondered about that--why Pennsylvania? Did he think it was a foreign country? Had he, perhaps, confused it with Transylvania?

His feet may have been good for kicking, but his brain was good for nothing.

No comments: