Saturday, January 20, 2024

VICTORY PLUS!

    GUESS WHAT! YOUR GIRL WAS GOING THROUGH SOME OF HER OLD PAPERS AND     FOUND MORE AND MORE OF HER WRITINGS! This is another Christmas poem.....

   Foul, stinking Death, I hate you--go away! 

I will not let you take me , know or ever--

I'll light my nights as bright as noontime day--

I will not die--instead, I'll live forever!

   O God, if you are there, slay death for me, 

Who lingers  in the shadow of my shoulder

Just out of view, where I can barely see--

Crafty, plotting, planning, daily boulder

   O God, it's time--to arms! Take up the fight

And range your hosts across the hell-black sky--

Advance, attack in force, meet might with might--

Deal death to Death----yes, Death himself must die!

    A cold and silent knight, a mother's sigh

    The victory of a newborn baby's cry!


(SHE ALSO FOUND MORE OF HER MUSICAL COMPOSITIONS, BUT THEY CAN"T BE TRANSFERD TO THE COMPUTER.)

No comments: