Monday, January 22, 2024

MORE AND MORE

      MORE POETRY,  MOSTLY COMPOSED DURING  LATIN CLASS (Fio's favorite!)

     Kamikaze

I'm flying on wings of wax

Right up to the sun

Look out, Icarus!

Here comes another one!

 

      Glory

I stumble, I falter, I fall

Before the race is done--

My heart, my joy, my life is in

The glory of the run

 

        Jack-in the Box 

  How to suffocate the clown:

First, you push it's head way down

Deep into the shiny box

Until the mechanism locks 

  Then you tuck the box away

Where you wish for it to stay,

For jacks are troublesome at best

Embarrassing when they are guests 

  When all that I have said is done,

Hold your tongue and tell no one

Tell not a soul what you're about

For he might let the damn Jack out

  And that is how to handle the latter

  But a Fiorella in the box is a different matter!




 



No comments: