Thursday, January 18, 2024

HAVE AT IT!!

 Okay, your girl will admit it--her grandioso Christmas cards have fallen through. Only a few got mailed, and they went mostly to her Akron relatives because they had sent her cards with addressess on them. Yes, Fiorella's world has fallen down, down, down, and she can't seem pull to pull it together. 

She's even messed things up with her blood doctor--the major one--and she'd thought she'd followed his instructions to the letter. And she'll probably mess it up more with him when she won't be able to return to his lodgings next week. Obviously, Doc has never delt with a patient who (1) doesn't drive and (2), has no driver on call. AGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

 So, what will Fio do today aside from jumping off a bridge, of which there is none nearby? Maybe subject some of her own poems on you, ones which you may or may not have read before, like......

 

QUIET AS THE GRAVE

Quiet as the grave that holds me fast

When death has dumbed the drumbeat of my blood,

Beneath the soundless soil, still at last,

I'll sink in silence toward toward the muffling mud...

  But until then, I'll clatter through the halls

And shout hello to friends and wail goodbye

I'll laugh aloud within the staidest walls

And shriek my anger to the somber sky....

  The dead are not notorious for for their noise

And I will lie a long time quietly,

So until then I'll use my loudest voice

To make the whimpering world resound of me

    And when at last I'm muted by the all-absorbing ground

   My unaccustomed silence then will deafen you with sound!

No comments: