Tuesday, March 21, 2023

MORE POEMS

Fiorella isn't sure which of her writings she's posted, but she had a bad day and doesn't want to share it. Instead, she'll feed you a couple of her strange and wonderful poems which she may or may not posted before.

Survivor

     My heart is like a little boat

     That sails upon the sea

     Rocked by waves and ocean float

     Swamped by adversity

     But still the staunchest little boat

     That ever sailed the sea 

 

Ship Wreck

Grab a Board and hold on tight

The boat is going down !

But maybe if you've played you cards just right

You'll take the bastards with you when you drown!


Depression

I pull it 'round me like a cloak of null,

This numbing void, this fine despair of mine,

A somber blanket folded thrice to dull

The knife-sharp edges of my dark decline--

I need a nothingness, a time of naught,

A comfort place,an anesthetic buffer

To suffocate my sense, my every thought, 

For if I do not feel, I cannot suffer--

For if I do not try, I cannot fail,

And if I do not care, I'll have no pain,

And if I do not trust, then no betrayal

Can pierce my unprotected heart again--

     And if I do not hope, then no defeat

     Can mortify me in this sweet retreat



No comments: