Monday, March 20, 2023

ALL IN ALL.............

    

 Watch out--you're going to be getting a crescendo of Fiorella's productions--from stories to poetry and, if your girl can manage it, to art, maybe even music compositions

                                       

      To My Children (I think I've posted this poem before, but it bears repeating)

When I am old, so very old I stink

Of unwashed underarms and brain cell death,

So old I shake, my spine and stature shrink,

I whistle, quake and rattle with each breath--

When I am old,  so very old I drool,

And age spots big as elephants appear,

When I forget my name and act the fool

And talk too loud because I cannot hear--

Even when I'm angry, trapped in rage,

Become a miser, call each dime misspent,

When I am cruel and stupid with my age,

When I reject you, scotch your good intent--

     Remember once I loved you of my will,

     And in my heart of hearts, I love you still

     💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

      Going through her papers, your girl found a stack of pages labeled Notebook, and realized she had come upon a cachet of some of her early writings which still ring true today. Maybe she should gather some of her poems and stories together and talk to a publisher--but then again, would anyone buy her? Ho, hum....long ago, Fio learned that connections are more important than talent.

    

 

  

No comments: