Monday, August 9, 2021

Poems of the Heart

Six Poemlets

If I had eyes and you had eyes

And we could see ahead what lies...

I'd close my eyes

And kiss your lovely lips


The sun leaves slowly, giving thanks

For such a long and lengthy stay--

And putting on her coat of colors,

Leaves again for another day

 

In golden shoes, my feet are tiny

In golden net my hair is  long

In golden book, my words are shiny

My poems become a golden song


But I know she will come in haste

At dawn in a coat of dye

For she has left her diamonds

Scattered in the sky

 

Coquette

While it please me, I shall linger

While it please me, I shall play,

Kiss your mouth and bite your finger

But that is only for today

 

Be careful of my wings. my dear

They took so long thus to appear

And are quite tender, weak and shear

 

 



No comments: