Tuesday, February 28, 2023

A Couple More and Yet to Come!

 Yes, Fio knows she owes you a poem or two more so here are a couple more-----

         There once was a governor named Abbott

        Who had the deplorable habit

        Of letting us freeze or letting us fry

        Without a blink of his Trumpian eye

        And as for a heart, he lacked it!

(The poem above is an arrow aimed straight at Abbott's heart (if he has one) because your Fiorella was caught, alone and very, very cold, in the first big ice snow. Four days is a long time to go with minimal food, heat, and contact with the outside world.) 

And, on another tone---

         I am a mermaid, and no one knows

         I hide my tails 'neath calicos

         I hide my scales 'neath long, loose clothes--

         I am a mermaid, and no one knows...

              A ship comes near--

              And sees me here--

        I am a mermaid and no one knows

        A crash, a wail, a conch shell blows

        Thrice around she sails and down she goes-

         I am a mermaid, and no one knows...

 

 

Coquette 

While it please me, I shall linger

While it please me, I shall stay

Kiss your mouth and bite your finger

But that is only for today.....

No comments: