Sunday, February 26, 2023

INSPIRATION NEEDED!


 

     

 

 Everything is in a mess right now so Fio is re-running her Christmas poem from two years ago for inspiration, yours and hers--


FLYING HIGH

    I cannot write a merry poem this year

Too much has happened in my life--

Uprooted from a home that I held dear

And now a widow, who was once a wife

     Change is not my forte, my options few--

A clock cannot run backwards, nor can I,

Thus I must gird myself and start anew

To see how high my warming kite can fly

     Too late, they say--your day is almost done

Put down your kite and rest yourself a while--

Go take a break from shining in the sun--

Enjoy yourself before your final mile,

     And as they lecture, I slip quiet by

     And launch my kite into the eager sky 💗



 





 



 


No comments: