Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Having Fun

 I haven't written a poem in a while,     A

 A newborn verse to make you smile,    A

And tuck your worries fast away           B

If not for tomorrow, at least for today    B

*

Watch out, I'm in a rhyming mood           A

Which can be bad or good--                      B

Maybe something that I should,                  A

Maybe something lewd                               B                         

*

I brushed my teeth                                        A

And combed my hair,                                    B

Then off to the kitchen                                    C

To see who was there                                       B

 

I awoke when the kitchen was night               A

Not a sunbeam to be had                                  B

Ate my cereal and gulped down my pills,         C

Grabbed a pen and paid my bills                        C

And went back to bed feeling sad                        B

Till dawn was shining bright                                 A

😁Is that what you                                                     

😁Would do?

                             


HAD ENOUGH?




No comments: