Sunday, September 18, 2022

HOPING, HOPING, HOPING.....

 Actually, the proceeding post was yesterday's post, and here is today's....

FIORELLA HAS FOUND A NEW CHURCH....maybe. She'll still pay homage to her home church in far North Austin, but on Sundays, she'll attend the new church. Your girl will give you a report next week.

But how do you judge a church, Fio? Well, first of all, I want it to be as much as possible like the  North Austin church I attended most of my adult life. Second, I want to hear a lot of singing going on. Third, I hope for an uplifting sermon of hope, love, and acceptance. Fourth, I don't want to be badgered for money right off the bat--if I join your church, I'll be generous, but discriminating.

Of course, Fiorella will feel odd sitting on the bench, not in the choir loft, but then, one reason she decided to join a second church is to get her vocal chords working again. She also wants to make new friend---- although wouldn't it be wonderful if Fio ran into some of her old pals who'd also migrated from North Austin?

Hey--and what about Fiorella's composing! Well, maybe, just maybe, she'd be able to squeeze out another Christmas song....or two.

Down, Girl! You could also be black-balled--churches of any kind can become snooty. Besides, remember how excited you were about the Senior Activity Center, only to discover the whole set-up was a hoax?

No comments: