Wednesday, June 12, 2024

OLDIES BUT GOODIES (Probably More to Play With)

1) I'm getting board, board, board

Looking toward, toward, toward

The ceiling, ceiling, ceiling

Which is not at all revealing


2) But what else can I do

My choices are new

And few

 

 Earlier poems

   I walk with sudden dignity--

   I know not why or how

   All I know is that I know--

   I am a woman now...

                  

The day was bright with sunshine

The foliage gemmed with green

The grass was far too to walk

The sidewalk was too clean---

And I was filled with consciousness

Of what could not be seen--

   A soul is racked with birth pains

    Before the truth is born

    A sky is  racked with heavy rains

    Before the dawn of morn    

I don't drink beer

I don't drink wine

But ply me with chocolate 

And I am thine

    I walk with sudden dignity

    I know not why or how--

     All I know is that I know

     I am a woman now

No comments: