Sunday, July 17, 2022

Poetry of the Moment

 

Happy birthday to Fiorella, who has been blessed by having so many wonderful people in her life--and hopes she will have many more through her writings.


Oh, dear God, I'm eighty,

Almost a whole life through--

Eighty years of living, yet I still have things to do...


What is it about me that I write

About everything within my sight

As if the world would fall apart

If I didn't portray it with my art? 

 

How sad it would be if poetry died,

If lovers forgot how to rhyme

If all the world was at the same pace

And at the same step and time


Will my poetry light you up

And incite you to write you own?

Or will it make you fold your ears 

And groan?


Whatever you think of my poetry,

I hope that you'll be inspired

To write your own

Whenever you're prone

So that it can be admired


 HOORAY FOR VERSE!!!



No comments: