Saturday, July 26, 2014

Passionate Parody

This is a little satire of one of Fio's unsold (but prize-winning) romances.



“Oh, golly gee willikers, Mik.  Fancy running into you out here on a street island asking for God’s blessing.  Come home with me and I’ll fix you up some hot chocolate and cookies.”
“What a sweetheart you are, Sigrid.  I’m sorry I shocked you so much by guzzling so much milk that you divorced me.”
“Thank nothing of it, honey.  I forgive you. Besides, caring person that I am, I regularly pick up stray dogs, feral cats, and dirty, dangerous-looking men.  In fact, last week—uh, never mind.”
“By the way, have I mentioned that I’m now a best-selling author, making at least ten times your salary?  And that I want to explore us getting back together again?”
“Ooh, Moneybags--I mean Mik.  I love you all over again, and not because of you’re rich
and famous, of course, heh-heh, but because of our new relationship: no conflict, no personalities, no drama.” 
            “Right on, babe.  No conflict, no personalities, no drama.  In fact, we’re dull as dishwater.  No story here!”

*

No comments: